The terms and conditions are the heart of any online casino. No matter how pretty the façade, how bountiful the game variety or how lucrative the promotions seem to be, the T&C represents the core values of any gambling website. What good is a deposit bonus if the terms are too ridiculous to clear it? How esteemed is a 500+ game menu if you can’t access them while clearing that bonus? Royal Vegas offers a lot of respectable features, but to determine how worthy they really are, we’ll examine the nomenclatures of the Royal Vegas Terms & Conditions.
You’ll notice a score by the title of each portion of the T&C reviewed below. After scoring each section, I’ve given the Royal Vegas Terms and Conditions an overall (average) score of 9 (10 being the highest).
General Terms at Royal Vegas – 8 of 10
The first item covered is player eligibility. Players can only participate if online gambling is legal in their jurisdiction, and it’s up to the player to determine their eligibility, and if they’re old enough according to their jurisdictional laws. That’s a pretty standard clause in any online casino’s T&C, but Royal Vegas goes a step further by instantly blocking anyone from a region that is known to prohibit online gambling,
(i.e. United States). As such, anyone logging onto the website form the US won’t even be able to install the software, much less play on it for real money.
Royal Vegas reserves the right to collect information from players before processing a withdrawal. Again, that’s standard practice, for their protection and the security of the player. Expect to be asked for proof of identity, age and physical address. Players may only have one account per household on Royal Vegas.
Royal Vegas has the right to refuse registration, deregister or exclude a player at any time without prior notice or explanation if the casino finds evidence of illegal, abusive, collusive or fraudulent activity, etc. A clause like this can lead to major disputes from players who believe they’ve been wrongfully exiled, but Royal Vegas has had no reports of such behavior in the past six years.
Any player who wins a large sum of money must be prepared for publicity. Royal Vegas gets to take a picture, use your name (generally it’s players choice of first name with last initial only) and conduct/publish an interview with the winner.
Last but not least, you can’t blame the online casino if you lose money. They are not responsible for any losses or damages that might occur in any way shape or form by your use of the software. That includes any additional charges tacked onto your mobile phone bill should you exceed your data plan while spinning the reels.
Click here to read the full General Terms and Conditions at Royal Vegas
Promotional Terms at Royal Vegas – 9 of 10
The coup de grace of the T&C at Royal Vegas, the promotional terms are often the most overlooked by novice gamers, and the most crucial for new members grabbing up those bonus credits. I’ll give a quick rundown of the important stuff.
- –Promotions often have their own terms (in combination with these); be sure to read them. Individual rules supersede general promotion rules.
- Unless stated otherwise, a deposit must we wagered 1x through before a corresponding bonus is credited.
- Deposits go into a Cash Balance; bonuses go into a Bonus Balance. Cash bets are paid back to the Cash Balance, while bets from the bonus are returned back to the bonus balance up to the original amount of the bonus, after which they are delivered to the cash balance.
- The Cash Balance may not be withdrawn while a Bonus Balance remains active, less the bonus balance and all cash winnings be forfeit. Winnings may also be forfeit upon withdrawal if Royal Vegas deems the player has committed Bonus Abuse.
- Bonus Abuse during completion of wagering requirements is defined as: 1) placing single bets of 15%+ the bonus amount; 2) using Double Up feature to increase bets; 3) Placing large bets during WR, but consistently smaller ones after; 4) placing even-money bets on baccarat, craps, sic bo, roulette, etc.; 5) placing large bets on strategy-based games with WR contributions below 30% (video poker, table games, etc.) then reverting to higher weighted contributors (slots, scratch cards, etc.) at half the bet size or below.
- Rewards Program delivers points on wins or losses. Slots award 1 point per 1 credit wagered. Table games deliver 1 point per 5 credits wagered. Rewards accounts can be linked across all Fortune Lounge casinos. Points can be redeemed in increments of 5,000, with every 1,000 converting to $1 cash credit.
- Wagering Requirements (WR): As wagering requirements are met, the bonus is released to cash balance in $10 increments. Standard WR are 30x the deposit+bonus. Welcome Bonus WR are 40x the deposit+bonus. All games at Royal Vegas (except Lucky Darts) contribute to WR, but wagering on Gamble Features will not count towards WR. In general, $1 wagered equals $1 towards WR, but different games generate different amounts towards WR, as depicted in the following chart:
|Slots, Scratch Card, Keno
|Table Poker Games, Casino War
|Texas Holdem Bonus Poker, Roulette, Sic Bo, Wheel of Riches
|Video Poker, Baccarat, Craps, Blackjack
|Classic Blackjack, All Aces Video Poker
Click here to read the full Promotion Terms and Conditions at Royal Vegas
Welcome Bonus Terms at Royal Vegas – 8 of 10
I’ve knocked points off the welcome bonus promotion because, while the first portion is great for all new members, only avid players are going to be able to take advantage of the full $1,200 Welcome Bonus Package. It comes in three portions, and in order to claim them all, the corresponding deposits must be made within 7 days of each other.
- First Deposit Bonus: 100% up to $250
- Second Deposit Bonus: 25% up to $200
- Third Deposit Bonus: 50% up to $750
-Welcome bonuses are automatically received upon reception of a qualifying deposit.
-Wagering Requirements are 40x deposit+bonus. (See Promotional Terms above for more info)
Click here to read the full Welcome Bonus Terms and Conditions at Royal Vegas
Deposit Option Bonus Terms at Royal Vegas – 10 of 10
A new member’s very first deposit at Royal Vegas can award an additional 10% bonus on top of the instant welcome bonus. It can only be claimed on the user’s first deposit and awards a maximum of 100 bonus credits. Standard 30x WR apply. The following payment methods are eligible for reception of the 10% deposit options bonus.
- Transferencia Bancaria Local
*Ukash is the only deposit option listed that is available to Canadian members of the online casino.
Click here to read the full Deposit Options Bonus Terms and Conditions at Royal Vegas
Promotions & Unsolicited Communications Policy – 10 of 10
Royal Vegas considers all members to be subscribers to the occasional promotional emails. Thus reception of such emails is not considered unsolicited (i.e. spam). Any player that does not wish to receive promotional emails may unsubscribe. Personalized promotions will still be sent out unless the player specifically unsubscribes from those as well via the websites Subscribe / Unsubscribe link.
Click here to read the full Promotions & Unsolicited Communications Policy at Royal Vegas
Royal Vegas Canada is Canadian friendly, a legitimate brand and operator that has been our editorial pick for back to back years. Highly recommended for prospective Canadian gamblers.